Cleaning the house probably isn’t on your “Top 10 Favorite Things to Do List.” In fact, we’re the only people we know who actually like providing maid services in Pinehurst, Southern Pines and Aberdeen… but you’ll like it a lot more once you discover these 12 house-cleaning hacks you never knew.
12 House-Cleaning Hacks You Never Knew
We all want to save time and energy when we’re cleaning the house, whether we’re scouring an oven or ferreting out the seven places everyone forgets to clean. These 12 house-cleaning hacks will save you even more time and make the whole process easier (but remember, you can always call us for help).
- Use dryer sheets to buff out water spots on mirrors, fixtures and shower doors, and to wipe down baseboards.
- Use rubbing alcohol and olive oil to clean fingerprints from stainless steel appliances. Start with the alcohol on a microfiber cloth; if that’s not working, add a few drops of olive oil to a cloth and scrub it well.
- Clean your shower with a dish wand filled with 1 part vinegar, 1 part dish soap. Soap scum comes right off.
- Get grease stains out of carpet by mixing four parts of rubbing alcohol with one part salt. Rub in the mixture and let it dry; then vacuum the area to remove the salt.
- Remove burn stains in pans with water, white vinegar and baking soda. Fill the pan with water, then add a cup of vinegar; bring it all to a boil, remove from heat and add two tablespoons of baking soda while you’re holding the pan over the sink. Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down, then wipe the mixture out of the pan.
- Clean your microwave with equal amounts of vinegar and water. Put one part of each in a bowl and toss in a toothpick (that’ll prevent boiling) and microwave it all on high for 5 minutes. Let it cool for several minutes, and then wipe down the inside of the microwave with a sponge. (Pro tip: Add lemon for extra-fresh scent.)
- Clean screen doors with a lint roller. A strong lint roller will remove cobwebs, pet hair and other debris.
- Soak stove burners in a zippered plastic bag filled with ammonia. Let them sit overnight (in the sink!) and in the morning, wipe clean and rinse.
- Deep-clean your washing machine with bleach and a quart of vinegar. First, run an empty cycle with two cups of bleach; then, run a second cycle with vinegar. Your washer will be sparkling-clean in no time.
- Clean window tracks by pouring dry baking soda inside and then splashing vinegar on top. Scrub the track with a toothbrush to remove anything that’s stuck.
- Dust your blinds with a pair of kitchen tongs wrapped in microfiber cloth. Wrap one cloth around each arm of the tongs and affix them with rubber bands. Pinch them together to dust tops and bottoms of each blind.
- Remove hard water residue from your shower head by filling a sandwich bag with white vinegar. Put your shower head in the bag and fix it in place with a rubber band to soak overnight; in the morning, it’ll be clean.
Do You Need Help With Household Cleaning?
We can help you with routine chores and seriously in-depth cleaning jobs. Call us at 910-725-3226 (Southern Pines, NC), 706-256-8771 (Columbus, GA) or 843-491-5526 (Myrtle Beach, SC). We serve all the communities around each of these major cities, as well, and we’d love to give you a free house-cleaning estimate so you can focus on more important things.
Mack Maids’ cleaning services include:
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Regular maid service
- Cooking services
- Extreme cleaning
- Window washing